I Will Dad, I will...


.


                It was 9:40 pm, paa on bed and maa sitting beside me on the armchair taking the dinner. We all were watching ‘Desh k Dhurandar’ a show at NDTV India. The show was trying to probe into the lives of the famous Indian cricketers- Sachin, Yuvraj, Dhoni etc. Basically the ambition was to forecast the zoom in version of the piercing pebbles that were laid on the path to success of these cricket heroes. From the way they looked in their diapers to the way they look holding the golden cup in their powerful hands- the reporters prepared a whole bunch well to shake the young Indian youths.

A perfect documentary presenting a museum of pictures, Dhoni hitting a six as Sachin lifting his bat high in the air- all enough to paint a smile on every Indian’s face. The show offered a gist of biographies of all 3 of them. The way their talent erupted and well fed from the initial stage- all with the help of relatives and yes their magic wand: a cricket bat. It was an inspiring story session that every Indian boy, who love cricket in any form, wants to be in.

The show then threw some light on their ground realities bringing out what Sachin dreamt about and how he is breathing cricket every second since his childhood days. And it was then when my father asked me “Gaurav beta, what you dream about?” with a smile on his face and lots of expectation gleaming in his eyes. Although my eyes met his for a fraction of second but that was enough to feel the blaze. That was all enough to remind me that I have to be mature now and have to accomplish what I don’t look at. That I am growing up, that I shouldn’t waste time anymore, that now I should breathe my goal.

Such moments force you to ponder in length and they help you to be on the right side of the court too. They are not to bring tears in your eyes but they are to poke you so that you stop dreaming, so that you can trigger your actions well before time to achieve those dreams and so that you wake up to run amidst the realms.

I smiled coyly but tried to talk to him by telepathy, to assure him, to say just one thing-
I will DAD, I will...”





Your Reply

My Hit Counter
Unique Hits