PRAYAAS- the word I forgot...


.

 In our high spirits we all were there, with some exceptions (but obvious) questioning in the air “When’ll this end???” Calming the mass in front while making arrangements behind the scene were the group of intellectuals whom I now salute for what they talked about to us.


“PRAYAAS”- a word which we heard of for the first time in a way that did mobilised our tensions regarding ‘the world’ and forced to pick up just one thought – PRAYAAS. Introducing you to the mob I present: THE INTELECTUALS as the seniors and THE SPIRITS GENES as the juniors (the latter describes my class). A highly elated being is what I will add to describe me in addition to what has been put so far. We, the 2nd year, were gathered in a lecture hall of our college to make us know of an organisation that describes HELP far better than LOVE. Gleaming eyes of a small child, A ‘no book’ life, Smile of slums- all was placed for the meal and my mind did take all of it in one piece. And the result was gleaming eyes of a big child with a great ‘book life’ smiling in an air-conditioned lecture hall. Yes, I was elated and felt myself as to be the happiest person breathing in there. The enthu was worthy for a clap and respecting it I raised my hands to volunteer myself for the noble cause.



In a day or two the concept was well clear for I was all set to go and apply it. Joined by me were some of the SPIRIT GENES, all with one aim- PRAYAAS. Under the guidance of our seniors we started teaching in the classes to the small children of nearby villages. It asked for picking up the nursery books back again, not to refresh our old childhood memories but to teach ‘The Little Indians.’ Challenge me and you will lose for I have seen the most unstable energy on the planet earth. And teaching them the values of behaviour is what I call playing with dangerous sparksJ. From mathematics’ tables to Panchtantra tales, from ABCDE... in English to A AA E EE in Hindi - it was all prestigious to write on the black-board with white-chalk in hand. And above all, one can feel his feet in air when one is greeted with respectful phrases ‘Good Evening Sir!


“Abe ek din me EK ghanta to koi bhi de sakta h yaar, hum karenge prayaas”- all words true in all respects and was spoken by me at times when ‘the enthu’ was still in action. Following the time after lab was an hour to be in a mission. A mission to teach as many as I can, a mission to laugh with small genius kids- that was what I defined my refreshment after hectic daily college schedule. Delightful, isn’t it??? I only wish if I could have kept it that ‘delightful’ for long. Sooner the dawn started losing its strength to defeat the dark. The daily time schedules appeared corroding ‘the enthu’ and the rusting process made it- A mission to make the statement “abe ek din...” worthy in front of my friends.


Thus the title speaks for itself. However, amidst the traitors were some who kept the sunshine of the dawn still bright, enough to curb the upcoming darkness. Slogging hard to keep the wheel moving they took the ONE HOUR worthwhile. (And loggerheads like me gave birth to excuses for not turning up, when the kids needed it most. L )
So with enormous respect I describe the most indispensable 'some' in front of you: APAR and ABHINAV. The eagerness to bring a change in life of the little students did remain alive in them and that’s what leads to a successful end of another tenure. A grand celebration, formally called the Foundation Day of Prayaas, marked the end amidst the presence of our two most important seniors: Ravi Chandra and Mahesh sir. From building dancing steps, shaking the small stage, to the debuting little singers, it was all a mesmerizing moment to live in. Above all the most exciting time was to see the little aces bagging academic prizes from our G.C Nandi Sir. Hereby I leave you all with some of the clicks of the precious moments...






The two Altruists- Abhinav and Apar




Our Vital Leaders: Mahesh and Ravi Sir


Step Up


The Nightingales  



Sparks UNSEEN 


The Clan

To know what PRAYAAS is all about I leave you with the introduction video. If this lifts your emotions then please do not ever let them sit down back again. You may be sitting far away but a helping hand in any form will only lead to the growth of several ‘Kalaams of India’. Teach and preach the word PRAYAAS                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                 
  





"Bhaago mat duniya ko badlo,
 mat bhaago duniyaa ko badlo.
 Kal bhi tumhaara tha,
 kal bhi tumhaara hai,
 apne tum baaju kaslo"

(To know more about the foundation head on to the Facebook Page.)


7 Responses to “PRAYAAS- the word I forgot...”

  1. Apar Saraswat says:

    Splendid expression of feelings!!
    Gaurav on this living planet any person is not meant to do every single possible deed to uplift the society. What you have chosen and you are doing is any time at par with whatever we are doing. So just keep up your work going and your energy prevailing.

  2. Gaurav says:

    @Apar: Maybe or maybe not! I do try my best but at times I just get confused with the priority factor. But I do bow down for you and Abhinav for maintaining the zeal like no one else.

  3. Gaurav says:

    @Puneet Sir: Thank you sir for the read. I did not expect it, but am lot glad, for you going through this post. Hope you aren't angry on me!!! I'll make a point to keep up with the clan.

Your Reply

My Hit Counter
Unique Hits